800g to 1 kilo Frozen gnocchi
1 tbs olive oil
1 red onion finely sliced
1 large clove garlic finely chopped
1/2 red chilli finely chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
200ml cold water
1/2 tbs honey
1 tbs truffle zest
1 tbs pimenton (smoked paprika)
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper
100g crumbled Gorgonzola
80g mature melting cheese grated
1/4 tsp truffle zest to sprinkle over the top of the melted cheese.
1. In a large frying pan, on medium heat add oil, onion, garlic and chilli, cook for, 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
2. Add tomatoes and water and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add pimenton, honey, truffle zest and dried oregano and season to taste. Turn heat to low- medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180.
5. Using a large pot, fill with water and bring to the boil. Salt water and place frozen gnocchi into the boiling water. Once the gnocchi starts to float to the top, using a ladle scoop out gnocchi and place into an oven proof dish.
6. Once all the gnocchi has been placed into the oven proof dish, spoon all the sauce mixture over the top. Sprinkle both cheeses over the top off the sauce. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and golden brown. Remove from oven sprinkle the top with truffle zest.
Serve in the middle of the table with some delicious bread and salad.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.