SERVES 4 PEOPLE
1/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
2 large beef cheeks
1 tbs olive oil
2 chorizo sausages sliced
1 large brown onion chopped
1 tbs HOT pimenton
1 doz mushrooms quartered
1 1/2 cup red wine
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
season with salt and pepper
1 tbs tomato paste
2 cups chicken stock
1. Using a plastic bag place in flour, salt, pepper and chilli, mix. Add beef cheeks making sure all coated with the seasonedflour.
(Keep remaining seasoned flour to thicken up the sauce after cooking, if required).
2. Using a large pot with lid on high heat, add olive oil and seasoned beef cheeks and sear on all sides. Remove from pot and set aside for later.
3. On medium heat add chorizo and onion cook for 4-5 minutes. Add pimenton cook for a further 1 minute. Add mushrooms, carrots, red wine, thyme, chilli and tomato paste, cook until the wine has reduced by half.
4. Add chicken stock season with salt and pepper. Return beef cheeks back to the pot. Cover the cheeks with sauce. Cover with lid turn heat to low and simmer for 2 1/2-3 hours or until beef cheeks are tender.
5. If the sauce it a bit thin, add remaining seasoned flour. Stir in well. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Serve with mash potato, vegetables, rice or pasta
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.