300g chicken thigh fillet
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 red chilli finely chopped
1 tbs ginger crushed
salt and pepper
2 medium tomatoes diced
1/3 cup fresh basil chopped
1 spring onion finely sliced
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
season to taste
1. Place chicken ( leave thigh fillet whole ), garlic, ginger, chilli and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
2. Meanwhile in a small bowl add diced tomatoes, basil, spring onion and oregano and mix set aside for later.
3. In a hot frying pan, spray chicken with cooking oil and cook on medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked.
4. Once chicken is cooked let it rest for 3 minutes. Meanwhile dress salsa with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season to taste.
5. Serve chicken and salsa together.
Calories per serving : 278
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.