400g Chicken tenderloins
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
4 tbs dried burghul
1/2 cup Boiling water
2 ripe tomatoes diced small
1 Lebanese cucumber diced small
2 spring onion ( green part ) finely sliced
1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
1 clove garlic crushed
3 tbs lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil
50g low fat ricotta cheese
salt and pepper
1. In a cup place burghul and cover with boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes. If any excess water drain.
2. In a bowl add, chicken, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil mix well and let marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make salad. In a bowl add burghul, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, parsley spring onions, garlic lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix well and set aside for later.
4. Cook chicken in a frying pan on medium heat.
5. Serve tabbouleh, chicken and crumble feta cheese over the top.
Calorie per serving : 294
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.