800g chicken thigh fillet (cut into 1 inch pieces)
oli for deep frying
1/2 cup flour
4 tbs corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 lemon (juiced)
Honey garlic Sauce
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs crushed garlic
2 tsp crushed ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
3 tbs honey
1/2 tsp corn starch mixed in 1/2 cup cold water
1/2 tbs sesame seeds
2 spring onions finely sliced
1. In a bowl add all batter ingredients and mix well. Add chicken to batter mix. Mix well making sure all the chicken is coated.
2. Heat oil in deep large frying pan to 165c -175c. Fry chicken in batches for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Drain on paper towel.
3. In a large frying pan on medium heat add oil, garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute. Add honey, salt, vinegar,mix well. Add corn starch and water, simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken pieces and coat all the chicken in the sauce. Add spring onions and mix through.
5. Place in a bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.