Veal Osso Bucco
SERVES 4 PEOPLE (For low calorie only use 800g meat)
1.2 kilo Veal osso bucco
1/4 cup flour (seasoned)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
10g dried wild mushrooms ( dehydrated in 1 1/2 cups boiling water)
1 tbs olive oil
1 large brown onion roughly chopped
2 large cloves garlic chopped
1 red chilli sliced
2 carrots chopped
1 stick celery chopped
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 cup red wine
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tbs dried oregano
1 1/2 tbs tomato paste
salt and pepper
1. In a jug add dried wild mushroom with 1 1/2 cups boiling water set aside for later.
2. Seasoned flour mix : On a plate add flour, salt, pepper and dried chilli flakes, mix well. Place osso bucco in flour mixture and make sure all meat has been coated. Dusting off any excess flour.
3. In a large pot with lid on medium heat add oil add osso bucco and brown both sides of the meat. Remove from pot and set aside for later.
4. In the same pot with the remaining juice from the meat add onions, garlic and chilli, cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add carrots, celery and thyme, cook for 2 minutes. Add red wine and reduce down by half.
6. Add chopped tomatoes, dried oregano and tomato paste cook for a further 3 minutes.
7. Add the jug of wild mushrooms and water, mix well. Season to taste. Add osso bucco back to the pot plus any juices from the osso bucco. Cover osso bucco with sauce.
8. Turn heat down to low - medium place lid on pot and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender, falling of the bone.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.