Sausage and Fennel Casserole
8 sausages (of your choice)
1 tbs olive oil
1 brown onion cut into wedges
1 fennel bulb cut into wedges
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/2 red chilli finely sliced
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
2 sticks celery chopped
3 carrots chopped
4 Sprigs thyme
400g Mutti Aromatizzata pizza sauce
400 ml water
salt and pepper
1. In a large heavy base pot with lid on medium heat add half the oil and sausages and par cook the sausage just to add some color. Remove from pot and set aside for later.
2. In the same pot add remaining oil, onion and fennel cook for 5 minutes adding a little color to the onion and fennel.
3. Add chilli, garlic, fennel seeds and thyme, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add celery and carrots, cook for 1 minute.
5. Add Mutti Aromatizzata pizza sauce, water and season to taste. Mix well.
6. Preheat oven to 180c.
7. Return sausages to sauce, pushing them into the sauce. Place lid on pot and cook for 15 minutes on low - medium heat.
8. Remove lid from pot and place pot into oven and bake for 35 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Serve with rice, polenta or mash potato
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.