SERVES 6 PEOPLE
1 tbs olive oil
1 brown onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
4 large Italian sausages (remove meat from skins)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbs pimenton
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbs tomato paste
380g bottle of pasata
1 kilo cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 tbs crushed garlic
1/2 lemon juiced
pinch of fresh nutmeg
4-5 large large zucchini's slices length ways, thinly
olive oil for cooking
1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1. In a large frying pan on medium to high heat, add oil and onions cook for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and sausage meat, breaking up sausage meat as cooking, to resemble mince meat texture, cook for 4 minutes.
2. Add pimenton, dried oregano, salt, pepper, chilli and tomato paste, cook for 2 minutes. Add pasata and water, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl add all the cheese mixture ingredient and mix well. Put to one side for later.
4. Preheat oven to 180c
5. Using a frying pan, add a small amount of olive oil and start gently frying all the zucchini slices. Once all the zucchini has been lightly fried, put to one side for later.
6. Once everything is ready organise your assemble area, Using a deep rectangled baking dish start by placing a spoon full of sauce mixture, spread mixture all over the bottom of the dish, place down thin slices of zucchini, until the base of the dish is covered, cover zucchini with sauce mixture, layer cheese mixture on top, then start the process again until you have used up all the ingredients. MAKING SURE YOUR LAST LAYER IS THE CHEESE MIXTURE.
7. Sprinkle pecorino and mozzarella on top, place into the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Once cooked, remove from oven, cool slightly and serve.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.