SERVES 4 PEOPLE
1 tbsolive oil
1 large brown onion finely chopped
1 tbs crushed garlic
1/2 tbs ginger paste
500g pork mince (you can use any meat with this recipe)
1 red capsicum chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs pimenton
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp Keens curry powder
1 tbs tomato paste
400g can crushed tomatoes
400g can kidney beans ( drainer and washed)
1. Using a large frying pan, on medium heat add oil, onion and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, pork mince and salt and pepper. Cook until all the mince has browned.
2. Add capsicum, pimenton, kashmiri, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli flakes, curry powder and tomato paste. Mix well, cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add crushed tomatoes and water, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Turn heat to medium heat add kidney bean and cook for 10 minutes.
2 ripe avocados
160g Greek yoghurt
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 lemon juices
Season to taste
1. In a bowl add fresh ripe avocados and mash with a folk, until smooth. Add yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice and season to taste. Mix well.
Ready to use.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.