Serves 4 people
Great comfort food for winter
4 double chicken thigh fillets
salt & pepper
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs butter
2 small shallots
1 clove garlic finely chopped
2 springs fresh thyme
5 cups sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup white wine
season to taste
1 tsp plain flour
1. Season chicken thigh fillets with oil and salt and pepper.
2. In a large frying pan on medium - high heat add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken has been cooked all the way through.to the middle.
3. Whilst chicken is cooking. In a large pot on medium heat add butter, shallots, garlic and thyme, cook for 4-5 minutes or until shallots are soft.
4. Add mushrooms, cook for 4 minutes. Add wine and reduce by half. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes constantly stirring, as the mixture will thicken quickly. Add cream and season to taste. Cook for a further 2-4 minutes. If gravy is too thick add a small amount of water to bring to your desired consistency.
5. Ready to serve place 1 portion of chicken on a plate, pour over mushroom gravy. Serve with vegetables.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.