1 tbs olive oil
1 red onion finely sliced
1 large clove garlic finely chopped
1/2 red chilli finely chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
200ml cold water
1/2 tbs honey
2 tbs char grilled capsicum chopped
8 basil leaves sliced
1 tbs pimenton (smoked paprika)
2 tbs fresh parsley chopped
salt and pepper
4 - 6 eggs ( depends on how many you are feeding)
8-10 baby bocconcini balls
1. In a large frying pan with a lid, on medium heat add oil, onion, garlic and chilli, cook for,4 minutes or until onion is soft.
2. Add tomatoes and water and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add pimenton, honey, basil, parsley, char grilled capsicum and season to taste. Turn heat to low- medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. One at a time make a small well in the mixture and place an egg in the well you have made. Do this until you have the required amount of eggs in the mixture.
5. Place in baby bocconcini balls. Place on the lid and simmer for 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Serve in the middle of the table with some delicious bread.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.