500g chicken thigh fillet diced
1 tbs chilli paste
1 tbs lemongrass paste
1 tbs garlic crushed
1/2 tbs ginger paste
1/2 tbs sesame oil (for cooking chicken)
In a mixing bowl add chicken, chilli, lemongrass, garlic and ginger mix well, making sure all the chicken has been coated with the spices. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
280g dried egg noodles
1/2 tbs sesame oil
2 cloves garlic diced
1 red chilli finely sliced
2cm x 2cm piece of fresh ginger finely sliced
2 medium carrots finely sliced
1/2 cup capsicum sliced
4 spring onions finely sliced
2 cups bean sprouts
1 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs light soy sauce
1/2 tbs mirin
1/2 bunch fresh coriander roughly chopped
1/3 cup crushed cashews
1. In a bowl add noodles and boiling water and set aside for 7 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Stain water and set aside for later.
2. In a large hot wok on high heat add sesame oil and chicken, tossing whilst cooking, cook for 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove from wok, and set aside for later.
3. In the same wok on medium to high heat add oil, garlic, chilli and ginger cook for 1 minute. Add carrots bean sprouts, capsicum and spring onions cook for 1 minute.
4. Add drainer noodles, chicken pieces (including any juices from the chicken), fish sauce, soy sauce and mirin and mix well.
5. Toss through coriander and cashews. ready to serve.
Calories per serving : 45
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.