500g chicken sausages
1/2 tbs olive oil
1 medium brown onion finely sliced
2 clove garlic finely chopped
1/2 red chilli finely sliced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
30g dried wild mushrooms
2 cups mushrooms sliced
8 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
salt and pepper
2 tbs butter
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
salt and pepper
1. Using a jug add 300ml boiling water, add the dried wild mushrooms. Lets stand until later use.
2. In a large frying pan on medium heat add sausages, cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked turning every couple of minutes. Once cooked remove from pan until later use.
3.In the same frying pan on medium heat add oil, onion, garlic and chilli. sweet for 2-3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add thyme, tomatoes and sliced mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the wild mushrooms plus 1/2 the mushroom liquid. stir and cook for 1 minute.
5. Slice up the chicken sausages and add to the pan. Add the remaining mushroom liquid and season to taste. Simmer for 7 minutes.
Whilst that is cooking its time to make the Parmesan Polenta.
1. In a pot add water and 1 tbs butter and bring to the boil.
2. Add polenta continually stirring until polenta thickens. Add the remaining 1 tbs of butter, Parmesan cheese and stir. Season to taste.
Ready to serve with your sausages and Mushrooms.
Calories per serving : 417
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.