1/2 tbs olive oil
1 red onion sliced
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 red chilli
250g can tuna
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
10 fresh basil leaves
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper
1. In a large pot filled with cold salted water, bring to the boil.
2. Whilst water is coming to the boil we'll make the sauce.
3. In a large pan on medium heat add oil, onion, garlic and chilli cook until onion are soft.
4. Add tuna, thyme, basil and dried oregano and cook for 2 minutes,
5. Add tomatoes, water and season to taste. Reduce heat to low - medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Once water has come to a boil add pappardelle, cook to the packets instructions or until al dente. Once pappardelle is cooked add to sauce, mix well.
Ready to serve
Calories per serving : 490
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.