For best results marinate pork belly the night before.
1 kilo pork belly cut into 1 inch square pieces
2 sprigs rosemary roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
2 tbs lemongrass paste
2 tbs HOT chilli paste
1 tbs sweet pimenton (smoked paprika)
3 spring onions finely sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1. In a large mixing bowl add pork belly and all the above ingredients. Mix well making sure all the pork has been coated. Cover the top of the bowl with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
1/2 tbs olive oil
1 large brown diced
1 capsicum diced
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 large carrots chopped
2 sticks celery chopped
3 sprigs thyme
1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs HOT pimenton (hot smoked paprika)
2 tbs brown sugar
salt and pepper
1. In a large heavy base pot with a lid. On medium to high heat add oil and pork belly brown for 5-6 minutes.
2. Add onion, garlic, capsicum, carrot and celery cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, thyme, vinegar, hot pimenton, sugar and water cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Season to taste. Turn heat to low, place lid on pot and simmer for 45 minutes or until pork belly is tender.
Ready to serve with mash, polenta or rice.
(For low calorie have cauliflower rice for a side)
Calories per serving : 491
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.