1/2 tbs olive oil
1 kilo goat
1 large brown onion sliced
1 capsicum sliced
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 tbs fresh ginger finely sliced
1 red chilli finely sliced
1 tbs preserved lemon finely sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 sticks celery sliced
2 carrots sliced
salt and pepper
1. In a Tagine (or a heavy base pot with a lid, on medium heat add oil and goat, brown all sides of the goat then remove from Tagine and set aside for later.
2. Add onion, capsicum, ginger and garlic, cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
3. Add carrots, celery, turmeric, cumin and coriander, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and season to taste. Cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add goat and any meat juices from the goat. Mix well. Turn heat to low-medium, place on lid and simmer for 1 1/12 hours or until goat is nice and tender.
Ready to serve
Calories per serving : 465
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.