2 tbs olive oil
600g beef (chuck or gravy beef) cubed
30g flour ( seasoned )
1 large brown onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 red chilli finely chopped
2 sprigs thyme
1 red capsicum sliced
1 green capsicum sliced
2 tbs paprika
2 tbs tomato puree
400g can chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup white wine
300ml chicken stock
2 tbs fresh parley chopped
salt and pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a plastic bag add flour, pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes, add beef and mix well, making sure all the beef has been coated with the seasoned flour.
2. In a large pot with lid on high heat add half the oil and the beef, browning all the beef. Remove from pot and set aside for later.
3. Add onion, capsicum, chilli, and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
4. Return beef to pot. Add tomato puree and paprika. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, thyme, white wine and chicken stock. Cover with lid. Turn heat down to low-medium and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
6. Add parsley and sour cream, season to taste. Mix well. Cook for a further 3 minutes on low heat.
Ready to serve.
Calories per serving : 480
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.