Couscous Baked Tomatoes
Lunch or side dish
4 large tomatoes
1/2 tbs olive oil
1 small brown onion
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2 red chilli finely sliced
1/3 cup couscous
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup pecorino grated cheese
2 tbs fresh parsley finely chopped
salt and pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 200c. Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a cup add couscous and boiling water, cover and stand for 5-7 minutes.
3. In a pot on medium- low heat add olive oil onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes or until soft. Transfer onion and garlic mixture to a mixing bowl.
4. Slice tops off tomatoes and set aside for later. Scoop all tomato filling out of all tomatoes, dice and place into the mixing bowl with the onion and garlic.
5. Add couscous, parsley, pecorino and season to taste. Mix mixture well.
6. Pack mixture inside of all tomatoes over filling so mixture sits on top of each tomato. Place tomato tops on top season to taste. Spray each tomato with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 or until cooked.
Calories per serving : 132
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.