Chocolate Blueberry Nut Tart
1/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup pistachio nuts
1/4 cup cashews
3 tbs caster sugar
6 oreo biscuits
60g melted butter
11/2 cups cream
350g dark cooking chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1 cup blueberries
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tbs caster sugar
1. In a food processor add all the nuts and sugar and blend. Once the nuts have been blended, add oreo's ,salt and butter and blend together.
2. Preheat oven to 190c.
3. Line the bottom of a round spring form tin with baking paper. Add base mixture to the tin and push down with a spoon creating an even base. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Once baked remove from oven and set to one side to cool down.
4. Place cream and vanilla in a pot on medium heat and bring the cream to a gentle simmer. turn heat off. In a bowl add chocolate and salt, pour hot cream over the chocolate and stand for 2-3 minutes before mixing. Mix until smooth.
5. In a small pot on medium heat add blueberries, sugar and lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes until sugar has dissolved.
6. Pour chocolate mixture over the top off the base, them sprinkle blueberry mixture over the chocolate.
7. Place in the fridge and chill for 4-5 hours or until the mixture has set.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.