28 sheets filo pastry
1-1/2 cups melted butter
1/2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup roasted almonds
1/2 cup pistachios
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar
3 cup water
1 stick cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
1. Combine the ground nuts, sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor and blend until you have a bread crumb texture.
2. Preheat the oven to 200c.
3. On a clean, dry, flat surface, with melted butter, a pastry brush, work with the short side of the filo pastry toward you.
4. Each Baklava is made with two sheet of filo. Take 2 sheets of the filo Lay on the surface and brush very lightly all over with butter. Lay one sheet on top of the other and sprinkle the filling over the entire surface of the filo. Roll Baklava into a roll and place into baking tray seam side down. Repeat process until all mixture has been used. Once tray is full, using a sharp knife, cut into small piece.
5. Brush all over with butter and place into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until filo is golden brown.
6. Syrup: Wait until the baklava has cooled to make the syrup. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, honey, cloves, water, and cinnamon and boil for approximately 5 minutes, stirring, until the sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup has started to thicken. Stir in the lemon juice and remove from the heat. Discard the cinnamon stick.
7. Carefully, pour the very hot syrup evenly over all the pieces.
8. Let cool in the pan for a couple of hours before serving.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.