Stuffed full of almonds, they deliver a huge calcium hit that will help supercharge your immune system.
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup almonds roughly chopped
3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tbs melted coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line 21cm x 18cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl add cacao, almond meal, almonds and mix all ingredients together. Make a well and add maple syrup and almond butter mix together.
3. Add coconut oil, almond milk and a pinch of salt, mix together to form a smooth paste.
4. Using a spatula, scrape the mix into the prepared baking tin.
5. Scatter over a few extra chopped nuts on the top of the mixture . Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool for 20 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.