3.5 cups plain flour
1 tsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs olive oil
approx 350ml water
1/2 cup dehydrated mushrooms ( no water)
250g butter room temperature
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs butter
1 brown onion finely chopped
1 1/2 cups dehydrated wild mushrooms
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
2 cups chopped spinach
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli
3/4 cup crumbled feta
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 kilo turkey mince
salt and pepper
2 tbs mushroom butter
1. In a large mixing bowl add flour, salt, sugar, olive oil and water. Mix together with your hands until in becomes into a ball. Dust flour on your work surface and kneed the dough until smooth. Cover dough with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator, until required.
2. In a food processor add butter, salt, mushrooms and olive oil and mix into a smooth paste. Remove from processor. Store into a container until required.
3. In a pan on medium heat add butter and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add rosemary and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes. remove from the heat.
4. In a large mixing bowl add, spinach, cumin, chilli,feta cheese, turkey mince, mushroom butter, the onion and mushroom mixture. Season. Mix all ingredients together.
5. Remove the dough from the cling wrap and cut into 6-8 portions. Each portion roll out to a very thin consistency. On one side add a thin layer of your turkey mince mixture. Take the other end and fold over mixture and seal the Gozleme. (using some water on your finger tips to dampen the edges to seal). Repeat this process until all dough and mixture have been used.
5. Using a large frying pan or a flat grill on medium-low heat add 1 tsp olive oil and a small amount of the mushroom butter, melt. Place the Gozleme onto the hot plate and cook on both sides for 4 minutes. Or until the Gozleme is golden brown on both sides. Repeat this process until all the Gozleme's are cooked.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.