Mixture will make approximately 9 pies
1 1/2 tbs grape seed oil
1 bay leaf
1 large brown onion finely chopped
2 black cardamon pods (ground in a mortal Pestle & husks removed )
1 red chili finely chopped
1 tbs garlic paste
1 tbs ginger paste
500g chicken thigh meat cut into small pieces
1/2 cinnamon stick
3 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli powder
season to taste
2 medium tomatoes chopped
3 sheets of ready rolled short crust pastry
1 egg (whisked)
1. In a pan on medium heat add oil onion and bay leaf, cook for 8-10 minutes.
2. Add black cardamon, chilli, garlic and ginger cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add chicken pieces and brown.
4. Add all the spices and mix well cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes mix well. Turn heat to low, cover with lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once cooked turn heat off and leave to cool.
6. Preheat oven to 180c. Prepare short crust pastry into your muffin tins. Spoon mixture among our pastry cases. Top each pie with pastry . Use a small sharp knife to trim excess pastry. Brush tops with egg.
7. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.