Sweet & Spicy Chicken
Oil for deep frying
500g chicken thigh fillets cut into bite size pieces
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup corn flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold water
Mix all the batter mix ingredients into a bowl. Add chicken pieces, mix well. Set aside for later.
1 tbs peanut oil
1 brown onion cut into wedges
1 red capsicum chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 red chilli finely sliced
1 large carrot finely sliced
200g pineapple pieces
2 tbs pineapple juice
2 tbs sugar
3 tbs light soy sauce
2 tbs Chinese wine
3 tbs tomato sauce
1 tbs corn flour diluted in 1/2 cup cold water
1. In a large frying pan on medium - high heat add oil, onion, garlic, chilli and capsicum, cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add carrot and pineapple pieces, cook for 1 minute.
3. Whilst the sauce is cooking place cooking oil for deep frying in a lager pot on medium - high heat. Once oil reaches cooking temperature book chicken pieces in batches. Once all cooked set aside on some paper towel and keep warm.
4. Back to sauce : add sugar, pineapple juice, light soy sauce, Chinese wine, and tomato sauce. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium - low. Add the corn flour to the 1/2 cup of water and mix well, add this to the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
5. Add cooked chicken pieces and mix through.
Ready to serve
Calories per serving : 445
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.