Marinate chicken overnight for better results
1 whole chicken cut in half
1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
1 red chilli finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely
2 tsp sweet pimenton
5 sprigs thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs whit wine vinegar
1. Place all ingredient into a mortal and pestle and grind into a paste.
2. Place chicken into a large container or bowl. Rub marinade all over chicken. Cover bowl with cling wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
1 brown onion peeled
1 red onion peeled
2 large red chillies left whole
1 red capsicum left whole
2 large cloves of garlic
1 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper
1tbs brown sugar
1 tsp pimenton
1/2 lemon juice
1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup parsley
1 tbs olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Place chicken in a baking dish and cook for 1 hour or until cooked.
3. Whilst chicken is cooking, in a separate baking dish add onions, chilies, capsicum, tomatoes and garlic. Sprinkle oil and salt and pepper over the top and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Once vegetables are cooked place all ingredients into a food processor. Including any oil and juices from the baked vegetables. (Take seeds out of capsicum and stems of chilies.)
Add sugar, pimenton, lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, olive oil and season to taste. Mix well.
5. Once chicken is cooked cut into small portions and baste sauce over the top.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.