150 g lamb backstrap
1/3 cup couscous
2/3 cup chicken stock
1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
50 g soft goats cheese
6 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup baby spinach
55 g sliced cucumber
4 tsp low fat Greek yogurt
Lamb spice rub
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp thyme dried
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp table salt
1. Combine curry powder, paprika, thyme, chilli and salt into a bowl. Add lamb backstrap and rub all spices into the meat. Set aside for later.
2. Preheat oven to 200c. Line baking tray with baking paper, place tomatoes on tray spray with cooking spray and bake in the over for 10-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile boil chicken stock and then place in a bowl with couscous. Cover the bowl with film wrap and let stand for 10 minutes. Once ready fluff up with a fork add parsley and mix.
4. In a medium heat frying pan spray one side of the backstrap and place in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes spray the side facing you them flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove backstrap from pan place on a place and cover with foil and rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
5. Place couscous on a plate add spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and top with yoghurt.
Calories per serving : 423
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.