1 kilo chicken thigh fillets cut in half
6- 8 skewers
500g ( drain yogurt overnight or for a couple of hours in a muslin cloth. This produces a thicker paste)
350g drained yogurt
1 tsp pepper corns
1 tsp fenugeek
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 cardamom pods
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp Kashmiri chilli power
1 lime juiced
1/4 tsp salt
1. Drain yogurt overnight or a couple hours to make a thicker paste.
2. In a small frying pan on medium heat add pepper corns, fenugreek, coriander seeds and cardamom pods. Toast for 2 minutes or until you can smell the aroma from the spices.
Place toasted spices in a grinder and grind into a powder. Add to drained yogurt.
3. To the yogurt mixture add garlic, ginger, nutmeg, Kashmiri chilli powder , salt and lime juice. Mix well.
4. Add chicken piece. Mix well making sure all the chicken has been coated with marinade. Cover bowl with cling wrap. Refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
5. Preheat oven to 220c.
6. Thread chicken onto skewers and place on a wire rack on top of drip tray. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Use remaining yogurt to serve with kebabs.
Ready to serve.
Calories per serving : 440
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.