CCK PAVLOVA COCKTAIL
Swiss Meringue Topping
2 egg white room temperature
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place 3 inches of water into a pot, bring to a low simmer.
2. In a heat proof bowl add egg whites and sugar, mix well with a whisk. Place the bowl on top of the pot with the the low simmering water and mix constantly.
It's important as whisking prevents the egg whites from cooking.
3. Stir egg whites and sugar for about 3-4 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved, and they become white and creamy. Remove from heat.
4. Place egg whites into a mixer add vanilla extract and mix on high speed for 3-4 minutes, the egg whites should triple in volume and be stiff peaks.
Meringue ready to place on top of you cocktail.
Mixture for 3-4 cocktails
1/3 cup raspberries
2 tsp caster sugar
1 lime juiced
1 tsp vanilla extract
Handful of crushed ice
45ml Chambord Black raspberry liqueur
1. In a large shaker add, strawberries, raspberries, sugar, vanilla and lime juice. Crush all the ingredients.
2. Add ice, Bacardi and Chambord, place lid on shaker and shake for 30 seconds. Stand for 2 minutes to allow all the ingredients to infuse.
3. Strain mixture into you cocktail glass, top with Swiss Meringue, strawberries and mint.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.