4 lamb shanks
1/3 cup seasoned flour
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 red chilli finely sliced
1 brown onion finely chopped
3 sprigs thyme
1 Spring Rosemary
2 sticks celery chopped
3 carrots chopped
1 cup red wine
400g pasata tomato puree
1 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper
1. In a bowl add flour, salt, chilli and pepper, mix well. Coat lamb shanks with seasoned flour, dust of any excess flour.
2. In a Tajine on gas stove top on medium heat add oil and lamb shanks and sear all sides of meat. Remove from Tajine and set aside for later.
3. In Tajine add oil, onions, garlic and chilli and cook for 4 minutes.
4. Add celery, carrots, thyme and rosemary, cook for 1 minute. Add red wine and reduce down by half.
5. Add pasata and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add stock and season to taste. Return lamb shanks to Tajine. Mix well. Reduce heat to low. Place lid on Tajine and let simmer for 2 1/4 hours. Or until lamb is tender to toach. Occasionally turning the lamb shanks during the cooking process.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.