1 tbs olive oil
1 red onion finely sliced
1 clove garlic chopped
1 red chilli finely sliced
1 tbs capers
2 tbs sun dried tomatoes chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
12-16 pitted kalamata olives
8 basil leaves sliced
1 tbs pimenton
1/2 tbs honey
salt and pepper
500g dried Pasta ( of your choice)
1/2 tbs salt ( for pasta water)
1. In a large pot add cold water and salt and bring to the boil.
Whilst paste water is coming to the boil we'll cook the sauce.
2. In a large pan add oil, onion, garlic, anchovies and chilli, cook for 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Add capers, sun dried tomatoes, tomatoes, pimenton, honey, water, olives and basil and cook for 12-15 minutes.
4. Add pasta to boiling salted water and cook to aldente. (see cooking time instructions on the back of the pasta pack).
5. Once pasta is cook drain water leaving about 2 -3 tbs of pasta water aside.(for the sauce)
6. Add cooked pasta and the water you kept aside to sauce and mix well.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.