Makes 4 Pide
11g dried yeast
1/4 tsp sea salt
380ml warm water
1 tsp crushed garlic
flour for dusting
250g raw deveined prawns cut in half length ways
100g prosciutto sliced
2 cups baby spinach
1/3 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
10 cherry tomatoes quartered
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 red chilli finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1-1/2 cup ricotta cheese
salt and pepper
olive oil for drizzling over top of pide
1. Pre heat oven to 200c.
2. Make pide dough. Using a food processor add dough hooks, place into bowl flour, yeast, salt, sugar, garlic and warm water mix for 2-3 minutes until all combined.
3. Dust work area with flour and knead dough until nice and smooth. Rib a small amount of olive oil all over dough, place in a bowl and cover with cloth and set aside for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
4. Meanwhile in a bowl add prawns, prosciutto, spinach, parsley, tomatoes, oregano, chilli, garlic, ricotta cheese and mix all ingredients together. season to taste.
5. Dust work area divide dough into 4 portions. Rolling 1 portion into a rectangle appox 30cm x 16cm. Add filling into the middle of dough then overlap both ends and stretch up dough to cover half the topping. Repeat process until all mixture has been used.
6. Using a non-stick tray carefully pick up pide and place on tray. Sprinkle olive oil over the top and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.