MIXTURE MAKES 45 - 50 DUMPLINGS
500g pork mince
3 spring onions finely sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
3 tsp lemon grass paste
2 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp chilli oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp mirin
Enough to cover approx 25 dumplings
2 gloves crushed garlic
1 red mild chilli finely diced or minced
3 tbs light soy sauce
1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbs chilli oil
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp fine sugar
45 - 50 dumpling wrappers ( best place to buy these will be at your local Asian grocery)
1. In a mixing bowl add all the above ingredients and mix well. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for two hours.
2. To make dumplings place a teaspoon of pork mixture in the middle of the dumpling wrapper, in a small bowl add some water. Dip finger in water, wet the outside edges of the wrapper. Fold over and join both ends together. Press firmly to seal dumpling. Repeat process until all mixture has been used.
3. In a large pot on high heat. Fill pot with water and bring to the boil. Onced water is boiling add dumplings. Once dumplings have risen to the top of water, scoop out and place on a serving plate.
1. In a jug all all ingredients and mix well. Set aside until dumpling are cooked.
2. Once dumplings are cooked. Use 1/4 cup of the dumplings water and add it to the chilli sauce. Mix well.
3. Pour chilli sauce all over dumplings.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.