5 tbs olive oil
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbs fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tbs curry powder
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
4 spring onions ( green part ) finely sliced
1 red chilli finely chopped
salt and pepper
1. Place the potato in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt, bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until just tender.
2. Drain water and leave to cool for a few minutes, place on a board and cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
3. Using a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tbs oil and, when hot, sprinkle the mustard seeds into the pan and cook for a few seconds or until the seeds are just beginning to pop.
4. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and turmeric, and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
Add remaining oil and the chopped potato. Fry for 5 minutes, tossing, until golden and lightly crisp.
5. Scatter the spring onion, chilli and salt over the potato and cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute. Season to taste
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.