SCONES WITH JAM AND CREAM
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 egg ( egg wash for top of scones)
1. Preheat oven to very hot, 220c
2. Lightly grease a scone tray.
3. Sift flour into a large bowl, add butter, and rub in lightly using fingertips.
4. Make a well in center of flour. Pour in combined milk and water. Using your hands, mix quickly to a soft, sticky dough. Do not over-mix.
5. Turn onto a lightly floured work bench . Knead lightly. Press and roll out to form 2 1/2 cm thick round shape. Use a small glass to cut out scones.
6. Place close together on a lined baking tray. Brush with egg wash.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until scones sound hollow when tapped.
Serve with jam and cream.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.