Ricotta Lemon Biscuits
500g ricotta cheese
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
250g softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cups icing sugar
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. In a medium bowl using a electric mixer add butter and sugar and mix until fluffy in texture. Add eggs one at a time. Mix until all incorporated. Add ricotta, lemon zest and juice and vanilla. Mix until all combined.
3. Add flour, salt and baking powder, mix well.
4. Line baking tray with paper, place 1 tbs size balls on tray leaving room for biscuits to spread.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden on the edges. Remove from oven and cool for 8-10 minutes.
6. Lemon icing: combined icing sugar and lemon juice stir until smooth. If a little runny just add more icing sugar to thicken.
7. Spoon 1 tsp or less of lemon Icing mixture on top of each biscuit. Allow icing to set before serving.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.