Mushroom Arancini Mozzarella Balls
1 tbs butter
1 brown onion chopped finely
2 cloves garlic
2 sprigs thyme
1 tsp oregano
200g mushrooms sliced
20g dried wild mushroom mix ( dehydrate in boiling water)
1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
3 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup pecorino cheese grated
100g mozzarella cheese cubed
salt and pepper
3 eggs lightly beaten
oil for deep frying
1. Heat butter in a pan add onions, garlic and sliced mushrooms.
cook for 5 minutes.
Add thyme, oregano and rice mix well. Add stock and wild mushrooms
mix well. Turn heat down to low cook for 20-25 minutes or
until rice is al dente.
2. Add pecorino mix well season to taste, take of heat and cool.
3. Once mixture has cooled place handful of mixture in hand, placing a piece of mozzarella cheese in the middle of rice ball and close. Repeat this until mixture is finished.
4. In three separate bowls add flour, eggs and panko breadcrumbs. place arancini ball in to flour dust of excess flour dip into egg wash then roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat until all balls have been crumbed.
5. Place oil in a pan once oil has reached temperature place balls in small batches at a time. Cook until golden brown.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.