Moroccan Pearl Pumpkin Couscous
500g pumpkin cubed
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/4 tsp onion salt
1 tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic crushed
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. In a baking dish add all the above ingredient and mix well. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Set aside for later.
1/2 tbs olive oil
1 small red onion finely diced
1 tbs crushed garlic
1 red chilli finely sliced
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup peas
250g dried pearl couscous
2 1/2 cups boiling water
salt and pepper
1/4 cup crushed cashews
1. In a medium pot on medium heat add oil, onion, garlic and chilli. Cook for 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
2. Add turmeric, cumin and curry powders and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add peas ans couscous stirring through all the spices. Add chicken stock, season to taste. Lower heat to low- medium and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until couscous is cooked.
4. Add cooked pumpkin and cashews stir through gently. Cook for a further 1 minute.
Ready to serve.
Calories per serving : 414
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.