Apple Crumble cheesecake
Apple Crumble cheesecake
250g plain sweet biscuits
100g butter, melted
750g cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
100g sour cream
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 apples finely sliced
120g cold butter in pieces
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1. Grease and line base of a round spring form pan with baking paper.
Process biscuits in food processor to make fine crumbs. Add butter, process to combine. Transfer to prepared pan. Press crumb mixture evenly over base and sides of pan. Chill crumb mixture 30 minutes to set.
2. Preheat oven to 170C. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream, zest and juice.
3. Layer sliced apples on the biscuit base. Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared apple base.
4. Place pan on a baking tray. Bake for 35 minutes, or until just set in the center.
5. Whilst cheesecake is cooking prepare crumble mixture. In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients, using your finger tips crumble mixture together until resembles course breadcrumbs.
6. Once cheesecake has baked for 35 minutes, remove from oven. Sprinkle crumble mixture over the top. Return to oven and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and cool. Place in the fridge and let set for 5-6 hours or over night.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.