Massaman & Cashew Pork Curry
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup coriander stalks
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 tsp ginger grated
1 red chilli finely sliced
1 brown onion finely chopped
2 tbs Massaman chilli paste
2 large tomatoes roughly chopped
4 tbs cashews
5-6 tbs boiling water
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs soy sauce
1/3 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
1 tbs lime juice
1. Place cashews in a jug with boiling water and stand until needed.
2. In a medium size pot on low heat add oil and onions and cook for 5 minutes ( don't colour the onions). Add coriander, garlic, ginger and chilli cook for a further 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, curry paste, sugar and soy sauce cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Constantly stirring, if mixture is to dry add small amount of water.
3. Add pork and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a blender add cashews and water, blend into a paste. Add cashew paste and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add yoghurt and lime juice, simmer for a further 10 minutes or until pork is tender.
Calorie per serving : 318
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.