Kashmiri Goat Curry
A delicious curry with an explosion of flavour
1 tbs oil
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1 large brown onion finely chopped
1 tbs ginger paste
1 1/2 tbs garlic paste
8 curry leaves
1 large red chilli finely chopped
1/2 tbs turmeric
1/2 tbs cumin powder
1/2 tbs coriander powder
4 green cardamom pods crushed
1 bay leaf
400g tin tomatoes (diced)
1 tbs Kashmiri chilli powder ( dilute Kashmiri chilli powder in 100mls of cold water and mix well before adding to curry mixture)
1/2 tsp salt
1 kilo goat
1/2 lemon juiced (add to curry after curry has cooked for 1 1/4 hours.
1. In a large heavy base pot with lid on medium heat add oil. Once oil has heated add mustard seeds and let pop.
2. Add onion cook for 5 -6 minutes or until onion is soft. Add ginger, chilli, curry leaves and garlic cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add turmeric, cumin,coriander, cardamon, peppercorns, cloves and bay leaf cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add Kashmiri powder that has been diluted in water and salt mix well. Add diced tomatoes and cook for 7 minutes or until you see the oil releasing from the tomatoes.
5. Add goat and water and mix well. Place lid on pot turn heat down to low and simmer for 1 1/4 hours.
6. Add 1/2 lemon juice to curry and mix well. Place lid on pot and simmer for another 25 minutes. Or until goat is tender.
Serve with rice or vegetables
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.