Indian Chicken Kadai
1.5 kilos chicken thigh fillets cut into pieces ( for low calorie option only use 800g chicken, Serving 4 people)
1 brown onion finely chopped
1 tbs coriander powder
1 tbs cumin powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbs kashmiri chilli power diluted in 1/4 cup of water
6 tomatoes chopped small
1 tbs tomato paste
1/4 cup cashews diluted in 1/2 cup of boiling water once they have soaked in water for 10 minutes put into the nutra bullet and blend. To make a paste.
1 red capsicum cut into large pieces
1 red onion cut into wedges and pulled apart.
1. In a large pot on medium heat add ghee onion, garlic ginger and cook for 7 minutes do not over cook the onions.
2. Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, pepper, salt and chill flakes, cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and kashmiri chilli powder diluted in water and cook for 10 -12 minutes or until mixture has absorbed most of the liquid. Add cashew paste and cook for 4 minutes.
5. Take curry mixture of heat a cool slightly. Place mixture into nutra bullet and blend into a fine paste.
You may have to do this in two batches.
6. Once blended, return all the mixture return back to pot and heat.
7. Add chicken and cook for 15 minutes on low- medium heat.
8. Add chopped capsicum and red onion and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Now ready to eat
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.