Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
1 tbs olive oil
1 medium brown onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
400g chicken thigh fillets sliced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tsp pimenton
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1/3 cup pecorino cheese
250g dried pasta
1. In a large pot add cold water and place on the stove, bring water to the boil, add salt and cook pasta as per packet instruction.
2. Ina large frying pan on medium heat add oil and onion. Cook onion for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms, cook for a further 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add pimenton and cook for 1 minute. Add thyme and cream.
4. Turn heat to low- medium, add cheese and simmer until pasta is cooked. Once pasta is cooked drain water from pasta and add to the sauce.
5. Mix well, cook for a further 1 minute.
Ready to serve
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.