1 large brown onion diced
2 tbsp butter
500g chicken thigh diced
3 cloves garlic crushed
2 tsp ginger crushed
1/2 red chilli finely sliced
400g can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup low fat yoghurt
1/4 cup light cream
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
4 cardamom pods
1 tsp garam masala ground
1 tsp coriander ground
1. In a pot on low heat add butter and melt. Add onions and cook until translucent. Don't add any colour to the onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a small bowl add all the spices. Mix an set aside for later.
3. Keep heat low add garlic, ginger, and chilli and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add spice mixture and stir until all the aroma has released from all the spices.
5. Add tomatoes on low heat and cook for 4 minutes. Add sugar simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add cream and yoghurt stir mixture. Add chicken pieces into simmering sauce and cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes.
calories per serving : 308
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.