Baked Peach Cheesecake
200g plain packet biscuits
80g melted butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
750g cream cheese at room temperature
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup pureed peaches
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
SOUR CREAM TOP
300ml sour cream
3 tbs icing sugar
1 tbs lemon juice
8- 10 peaches sliced
1. Grease and line base of 22cm (base diameter) round spring form tin with baking paper.
2. Process biscuits in food processor to make fine crumbs. Add butter and cinnamon process to combine. Transfer to prepared tin. Press crumb mixture evenly over base pan. Chill crumb mixture 30 minutes to set.
3. Preheat oven to 170c.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat room temperature cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until combined. Beat eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add vanilla extract, pureed peaches. Pour mixture into prepared tin.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just set in the center.
6. Whilst baking , make sour cream top. In a bowl add sour cream, icing sugar and 1 tbs lemon juice mix well, set aside for later.
7. Remove from oven and pour sour cream mixture over the top of cheese cake, place back into oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until just set in the center, with a bit of a wobble.
8. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Place in refrigerator to set. 5 hours or over night.
9. Remove from pan, transfer to a serving plate and decorate, with slice peaches.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.