Beef cheeks in Pasata
1 kilo beef cheeks
1 tbs olive oil
1 leek chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 chilli sliced
180g pancetta diced
2 sticks celery chopped
3 carrots chopped
15 button mushrooms
1/2 tbs HOT pimenton
3 sprigs thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 cups pasata
1 tbs brown sugar
600ml chicken stock
salt and pepper
1. In a large pot with a lid, on high heat add half the oil and beef cheeks and sear all sides. Remove from pot and set a side for later.
2. In the same large pot with a lid add remaining oil, leek, pancetta, garlic and chilli cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add celery, carrots and mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add pasata,pimenton, thyme, cumin, sugar and dried oregano, cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add stock and season to taste. Return beef cheeks to sauce, mix well. Turn heat down to low-medium. Place lid on pot ans simmer for 3 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.