Poultry Cream Sauce
80g sliced mushrooms
220ml white wine
1 shallot finely diced
500ml chicken stock
130g creme fraiche
2 eggs yolks
pinch cayenne pepper
1. In a large pot on medium heat add butter until it foams. Add the shallot and mushrooms and sweat. Crush the peppercorns and clove with a back of a knife and add to the pot.
2. add wine. Let it reduce down almost completely. then pour in the chicken stock.
3. Let the chicken stock reduce almost completely, until a syrup like residue remains.
4. Pour about 150ml of the cream and the creme fraiche. Bring to the boil,, season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
5. Mix with a barmix, then pass through a sieve. return to the pot.
6. Add the yolks to the remaining cream and stir with a whisk. Add egg yolk -cream to the hot sauce so that it become thick. You should stop cooking the sauce at this stage, otherwise the egg yolk will curdle and the sauce will turn out lumpy and thin.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.