Mild Green Masala Paste Mix
1 tsp fenugreek
10 green cardamom pods
2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp salt
4 garlic cloves
5cm piece fresh ginger root peeled and finely grated.
50g mint leaves
50g coriander leaves
1 small green chilli seeded and chopped
50ml cider vinegar
60ml sunflower oil
60ml sesame oil
1. Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
2. Next day bruise the cardamom pods and dry fry with the cloves until they give off a rich aroma. Grind these roasted spices to a powder and add the turmeric and salt.
3. Drain the fenugreek seeds, place them in a blender with the garlic, ginger, mint, coriander leaves, green chilli and vinegar. Blend the mixture to a puree, then add the salt and ground spices.
4. Heat the oil. Add the paste and continue heating until the oil bubbles again. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
5. Transfer the Masala to a clean jar. Ensure that there is a film of oil floating to effect an airtight seal, which will act as a preservative and ensure the paste keeps its colour.
Store in fridge. shelf life 2-3 weeks.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.