1 kilo fish carcasses
1 fennel bulb
3 sticks celery
1 head of garlic
1 tsp black peppercorns
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp salt
2 bay leaves
200 ml white wine
2 litres cold water
1 lemon sliced
1 sprig rosemary
2 sprig thyme
1 tbs olive oil
1. Soak the fish carcasses for 30 minutes to completely wash out all the blood so the stock doesn't get cloudy.
2. Clean and peel all vegetable and chop into large pieces.
3. In a large pot add olive oil, all vegetables and seasonings and sweat without browning.
4. Add well drained fish carcasses and white wine and sweat for 2 minutes. Poor in water and bring to the boil. Turn heat down to a simmer and simmer for 45 minutes. Using a ladle remove all foam from the top.
5. Pass the stock through a sieve and let cool.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.