3 kilo beef bones
4 tbs rice brand oil
3 carrots diced
3 sticks celery diced
2 brown onion diced
2 heads garlic
2 sprigs thyme
4 bay leaves
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black peppercorns
2 sprigs rosemary
2 tbs flour
2 tsp tomato paste
300 ml red wine
1. Make sure beef bone are cut into small piece (ask your butcher to do this for you )
In a large pot on medium heat add oil and beef bones and brown on all sides for 30 minutes. Continually scrapping the bottom of the pot. Otherwise it could burn and making the Jus bitter
2. Add garlic and all the herbs and spices and cook for 5 minutes. Add all vegetables, flour and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
Add wine and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add water, just enough to cover all the ingredients. Turn heat to a simmer and simmer for 2-1/2 hours. Keep adding water so the bones are just covered in liquid.
4. Keep removing ant foam with a ladle, otherwise it will cook into the sauce, making it cloudy.
5. Finish by pouring through a sieve, pressing the bones and vegetables lightly.
6. Pour Jus into a pan bring it back to a boil, removing any foam. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Jus is an important base for other sauces.
I live in Adelaide (Australia) with my husband, my two adorable Norwegian cats ( Zeus and Zena ), a chicken, and a pigeon who now also thinks that he is a chicken! My ancestry is French so it goes without saying that my favourite place is Paris. The food, culture and atmosphere of Paris is nothing short of amazing.
I am a self taught home cook who loves big flavours in food. My passion for food surfaced when I was 10 years old, watching TV chef Ian Hewitson and learning different techniques. Since then, the food of Adrian Richardson and Jamie Oliver has been my inspiration. I love how one can create a healthy full flavoured meal from just the simplest of ingredients. I especially love chilli and garlic and use them in most of my food.
I enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends and family. Curries and rustic style dishes are my firm favorites and I know that my family and friends all agree! Just place it all in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves enjoying great food with good company.
I create flavoursome low calorie recipes which are featured on the internationally known website Weigh Yourself Slim.
Whilst I enjoy cooking I still love to go out to restaurants, especially when you discover ones with amazing food and that you must try and replicate at home!
So welcome to CCKFOOD. It is my creative playground where I am able to share my love of good food with you all. Enjoy.